Bali Hi RV Park Rules and Regulations
The Board of Directors of Bali Hi Park, Inc. has adopted these rules (hereinafter referred to as the “Park Owner”) to protect the investment of tenants in Bali Hi Park (hereinafter referred to as “Residents”), and to enhance the desirability of residing in the park. These Rules are designed to prevent nuisances and the impairment of the attractiveness of the Community and are deemed necessary for the order, peace, health, safety and operation of the Park, and for securing and promoting the convenience, safety and welfare of the Residents. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Park Owner, or its Managing Agent, reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to modify or amend these rules in order to attain the objectives, stated hereinabove.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE WORCESTER COUNTY ZONING ORDINANCE, THE PARK SHALL BE CLOSED DURING THE MONTHS OF DECEMBER, JANUARY, FEBRUARY AND MARCH. NO UNIT SHALL BE OCCUPIED OR OTHERWISE USED DURING THAT PERIOD OF TIME. FURTHER, THE WTER SYSTEM THAT SERVES THE PARK WILL BE SHUT OFF DURING THOSE MONTHS, AND THE BATH HOUSE WILL BE CLOSED AND WINTERIZED.
I. Buildings and Site:
1. All recreational vehicles, park trailers and cabins, or other structures placed on a lot in the park (hereinafter referred t as “Units”) shall be maintained in good condition and repair and the exterior of all Units shall be clean, neat and properly painted at all times, and the Park Owner reserves the right to require reasonable repair, maintenance and improvements of any
Unit. Any Unit that is not currently located in the park shall be approved prior to it being located on any site within the park. Older Units that are not in a good condition or repair shall be denied access to the park at the discretion of the Park Owner and/or the Managing Agent. The decision of the Park Owner/or the Managing Agent shall be final and no right of appeal from that decision exist.
2. Utility services including water, electricity, sewer and all others are to be properly
connected and protected before a resident takes occupancy, and shall remain so during the
term of the tenancy. Qualified parties, in accordance with all applicable governmental
regulations and code specifications, and Park Owner requirements, must perform all utility
3. Utilities are to be kept in food repair and plumbing leaks are to be repaired immediately. The Park Owner reserves the right to shut off the water supply to a Unit if a
water leak exists wherever such action is deemed by the Park Owner to be in the best
interest of the park. Outside showers are not permitted in the park.
4. All Units:
(a) All new Units shall be located on a site in strict compliance with the Worcester
County Zoning Ordinance ( “county code”) (a copy of the County Code is attached hereto
And made part hereof) set back requirements. Recreational Vehicles are allowed to be
located on a site without the necessity of obtaining a building permit and/or a Zoning Certificate from Worcester County. However, such placement of a Recreational Vehicle
on a site shall be in strict compliance with the requirements set forth by the Park Owner.
Park Trailers and Cabins shall not be located on a site until a building permit and/or a
Zoning Certificate is first obtained from Worcester County. A tenant, before applying for a building permit and/or a zoning certificate, shall obtain from the Park Owner or the Managing Agent written approval of the site plan that pertains to the Unit in question. Notwithstanding the above, certain units that are currently located in the park may be permitted to remain in their current location on a particular site because they enjoy the privilege of being grand-fathered under the County Code. Whether or not a unit is grand-fathered will be determined by the Worcester County Permits & Zoning Department.
(b) All Units must be installed in a uniform manner in accordance with the County Code. Prior to the date of delivery, or the anticipated date of set up, the tenant, or his or her agent, must submit a site plan to the Park Owner or the Managing Agent for its prior approval.
If a building permit and/or zoning certificate are required pursuant to the County Code the Unit will not be permitted access to the park until the permit and/or certificate is obtained with a copy furnished to the Park Owner or the Managing Agent. Upon arrival of the Unit at the park, the tenant or his or her agent shall walk the site with a representative of the Park Owner, who will supervise the placing of the Unit on the site. Utilities, any and all anchors shall be installed under the supervision and through the Park Owner exclusively. Any and all anchors placed on a site become the property of the Park Owner and may not be removed when leaving. Recreational Vehicles shall not require permanent anchoring, provided the recreational vehicle does not occupy the site for more than one hundred eighty (180) consecutive days. Otherwise, an approved FEMA foundation and anchoring may be required.
(c) All United shall be heated and cooled by electricity or propane gas only. No heating oil tanks shall be located on any site within the park. Propane tanks are limited in size to one hundred pounds capacity.
(d) All Units shall comply with all State and County Fire regulations. Such regulations shall be posted for review at the Park Owner’s office located at the entrance to the park.
(e) Since cable television service is available to each site in the park no new television dishes, antennae or aerials shall be placed or located on any site in the park. Television dishes, antennae or aerials that currently exist in the park shall be phased out in a timely manner. Connection to the cable television service is not mandatory but the cost of the service shall be paid as a part of the monthly rent (maintenance payment), whether or not the cable service is connected.
(f) All Units that remain in the park during the months of December, January, February and March shall be winterized by the tenant, and shall remain in the park at the tenant’s risk. The Park Owner nor the Managing Agent shall incur any liability to any tenant because of damage or loss of any kind suffered by any tenant’s Unit due to weather, theft or any other kind of damage. Each Unit owner should acquire his or her own insurance to cover any such loss.
(g) Maintenance Fees: All monthly maintenance fees are to be current. Lot owners that are 2 months delinquent will not be permitted to enter the complex. The Park Owner or Managing Agent will deny access by deleting the lot owner’s gate pass. A fee of eight dollars ($8) will be assessed for reinstatement of the gate pass.
B. Utility and Accessory Buildings
1. One utility, accessory or storage building is permitted on a lot provided that the structure conforms to the County Code as to size and location of same on the site. The structure shall not exceed eight (8) feet by ten (10) feet in size. No such structure shall be located in the front yard setback but is not subject to other setback requirements, but shall be separated by not less than six feet from any other recreational vehicle, park trailer, cabin or other structure on the same lot or any other lot. No such structure may be used for human habitation or sleeping quarters. Further, no such structure may contain plumbing or plumbing fixtures.
2. Prior to placing any such structure on any site, the tenant shall submit a site plan, drawn to scale, to the Park Owner or the Managing Agent for approval. If such approval is denied the decision of the Park Owner or the Managing Agent shall be final and no appeal shall lie therefrom. If the approval of the Park Owner or the Managing Agent is granted the tenant shall then apply to Worcester County for the issuance of a building permit or zoning certificate. No utility or accessory building shall be permitted to be located on any lot until a copy of the permit and/or certificate is furnished to the Park Owner or the Managing Agent.
C. Additions, Fences, Skirting, Steps
1. Additions other than decks and screened porches to recreational vehicles, park trailers and cabins shall not be permitted. Open decks and screened porches may only be permitted in conformance with the Worcester County Zoning Ordinance, which is as follows:
(a) Such additions shall not be elevated higher than the floor elevation of the recreational vehicle, park trailer or cabin.
(b) Other than the wall adjacent to the recreational vehicle, park trailer or cabin, the wall area of porches shall be enclosed by insect screening only. Porches shall not be enclosed with glass panels, windows, solid walls or other enclosure devices or methods.
(c) Additions to recreational vehicles, park trailers and cabins shall not exceed a total of three hundred fifty square feet in area and in no case shall the recreational vehicle and the addition exceed a total of seven hundred fifty (750) square feet.
(d) Additions shall not contain any plumbing or plumbing fixtures and shall comply with all campsite setback requirements.
2. The installation of all fences shall require the approval of the Park Owner or the Managing Agent. Any tenant wishing to install a fence shall first submit a drawing that accurately portrays the location of the fence to the Park Owner or the Managing Agent for approval. The decision of the Park Owner or the Managing Agent shall be final and no appeal shall lie therefrom.
3. All other improvements to any lot, such as steps, awnings, skirting, screening and permanent landscaping shall require the prior approval of the Park Owner or the Managing Agent. Steps, other than those permanently attached to the recreational vehicle or park model, shall be constructed of precast concrete, approved wood, aluminum or other approved material. The decision of the Park Owner or the Managing Agent shall be final and no appeal shall lie therefrom.
D. Maintenance of Lot
1. Lawns and grass shall be cut, neat and free of weeds, articles, or objects. The Park Owner and/or the Managing Agent shall cause the grassy portion of the common areas of the Complex and a portion of each lot to be mowed on a periodic basis, the cost of which is a part of the monthly rent (maintenance payment) paid by the tenant. It shall be the obligation of each tenant to remove grass and weeds from around trees, shrubbery and structures on his or her lot at their own expense. Lot owners that do not want the grassy portion of their lots mowed, indicate by a sign stating: DO NOT MOW.
2. No rod, stake, pipe or other object shall be driven into the ground on any lot without the prior written approval of the Park Owner or the Managing Agent due to the possibility of damaging underground utilities. The tenant will be liable to the Park Owner for any and all damage caused by any violation of this rule. Lawn furniture, bicycles, toys, barbecue grills and other outdoor items shall be properly stored when not in use. All such items shall be securely stored during the four months that the Complex is closed.
4. In the event a tenant fails to maintain his or her lot to park standards, the work will be done by or through Park Owner or the Managing Agent who will charge the tenant a fee payable as additional rent, amounting to the actual cost of the service performed,
5. A fee of $20 per month will be assessed if the lot owner requests Park employees to remove grass and weeds around trailer, trees, shrubbery and structures. The lot owner shall sign an agreement. The fee will be added to the monthly maintenance fee.
6. A fee of $30 per cut will be assessed if the Park employees remove grass and weeds around trailer, trees, shrubbery, structures if the lot owner does not maintain their lot. Park employees will cut and weed at their own discretion. The fee will be added to the monthly maintenance fee.
l. Only umbrella type clotheslines shall be permitted on any lot in the Complex. When not in use the umbrella clothesline shall be kept closed.
2. Wet towels, clothing and other items shall not be dried, or hung to be dried over railings or furniture.
F.Pools and Waterslides
1. Pools, waterslides and other types of aquatic apparatus are prohibited on any of the tenant lots in the Complex.
G. Trash and Garbage
1. Garbage shall be places in plastic bags and disposed of in garbage dumpsters for pickup by the Park Owners trash service. Any bulky items shall be removed from the Complex by the tenant.
2. Abandoned, unused or rusting material, or other type of junk, shall not be permitted on any lot.
l. Only passenger vehicles in good repair and appearance shall be kept in the Complex.
2. Unregistered or junk cars or other types of vehicles shall not be permitted in the Complex. Such vehicles shall be towed away at the owner’s expense.
3. No major repair to or overhauling of any motor vehicle shall be made or accomplished anywhere in the Complex.
4. Reasonable speed limits are essential to safeguard tenants, guests and visitors. A speed limit of 10 miles per hour will be strictly enforced.
5. Vehicle engines shall not be unnecessarily raced or gunned at any time. All vehicles must maintain the muffler system in good repair and working order. Loud mufflers shall not be permitted.
6. Motor vehicles shall be operated within the Complex in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland and the Worcester County Code, and the safety, parking and traffic control signs posted within the Complex
7. Golf carts are permitted to be operated within the complex. Drivers of golf cards must be 16 years of age with a valid operator’s license.
(a) Lot owners are responsible for any damage caused by the operation of a golf cart. Any irresponsible operation, the golf cart will be removed by the owner and will not be permitted to return to the complex until the following season.
(b) If you do not conform by removing your golf cart, your gate pass will be revoked. Reinstatement of the gate pass will result in an additional fee of eight (8) dollars.
(c) Owner’s lot numbers are to be placed on the front of the golf cart.
B. Vehicles not Permitted
1. Commercial vehicles are not permitted to be kept, stored or parked in the Complex at any time
2. Trucks, over two axles, motorized scooters, go carts, ATV and Mules and other personal motorized vehicles shall not be driven on Complex streets or roads or parked on any site in the Complex.
3. Abandoned and/or unlicensed or unregistered vehicles shall not be permitted to be parked in the Complex
1. Off street parking for vehicles is provided for each tenant. All on street parking will be subject to posted parking and removal restrictions that are imposed for safety and fire
reasons. One off-street parking site is provided on each lot in the Complex. Only one vehicle is permitted to park at any lot on the adjacent private streets. The Park Owner or the Managing Agent may,in its discretion, cause parking passes to be issued.
2. Vehicles shall be parked overnight only in driveways or designated parking areas. No overnight parking is permitted in the parking area designated for the Complex swimming pool.
3. Vehicles parked overnight in the street or in other unauthorized places are subject to be towed at the owner’s expense.
(a) No registered boat shall be more than 24 feet in length and 12 feet in height from ground including trailer.
(b) All boats and boat trailers must have a current registration and tag.
(c) Boat and boat trailers must be in good working operation
(d) Boat and trailers must fit on lot without invading easements or setbacks
(e) Grass maintenance around boat and trailer are the responsibility of the lot owner
(f) Boat and trailer must be well maintained and clean. Not to be unsightly to our neighbors
(g) Owners entering complex with boat must maintain a speed limit of 5 mines per hour at all times
(h) Rules will be strictly enforced
(i) All boats and trailers must be approved by the Park Manager before it is authorized to be kept in the complex
(j) One warning will be given for the first violation of the rules. The next violation will result in the suspension of entering the complex for the balance of the season.
III. Pets and Animals
A. No more than two pets shall be allowed or permitted per tenant per site, subject to the following conditions:
l. It is not allowed to run loose at any time
2. It is never chained outside the unit on any lot, and never kept in an outside kennel
3. It is only outside while on a leash attended by the owner tenant
4. It is in no way to annoy or disturb other tenants or their guests; and
5. It is curbed only on the owner tenant’s lot. Guests and visitors shall not bring their pets in the Complex, and shall be so instructed by the host tenant.
6. It has all current vaccinations.
B. The Park Owner or the Managing Agent may require the owner/tenant of any pet that is determined to be a nuisance or disturbance to other tenants in the Complex to remove the pet from the Complex.
l. Tenants of the Complex and their guests shall conduct themselves in a reasonable quiet manner so as not to disturb others.
2. Noise levels shall be reduced after 11:00 p.m. for the benefit of all tenants and their guests
Tenants shall keep their radio, all recorded music and television volumes at a level that cannot be heard outside their unit.
4. Air conditioning equipment shall be installed in the roof of the recreational vehicle or on the patio or entrance side of the individual units.
V. Mail Boxes
l. No individual mailboxes shall be maintained on any unit at any time. All mail shall be received at the office of the Complex that is located at the entrance to the Complex. It shall be the duty and obligation of each tenant to periodically check with the office for mail. The Park Owner or the Managing Agent shall be responsible for the delivery of mail to any tenant in the Complex.
VI.Swimming Pool and Bathhouse
l. The bathhouse and the adjacent laundry room are for the private use of the tenants of the Complex and their permitted guests. It shall be used during reasonable times of the day and in accordance with any and all posted rules for use.
2. The bathhouse and the laundry room shall be closed during the months of December, January, February and March in each year.
B. Swimming Pool
The tenants shall be subject to the following rules:
l. The swimming pool is for the private use of the tenants of the Complex and their permitted guests. The Park Owner and/or the Managing Agent may deem it necessary to issue pool passes in order to enforce this rule.
2. The swimming pool shall open on Memorial Day and shall be closed by September 15th each year.
3. The hours of operation shall be from 10:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. seven days per week or as posted from time to time, weather permitting.
4. THERE WILL BE NO LIFEGUARD ATTENDING THE POOL; THEREFORE, TENANTS SHALL USE THE SWIMMING POOL AT THEIR OWN RISK.
5. As a safety measure, the swimming pool shall not be used unless there is more than one person present.
6. Children under the age of sixteen shall be supervised by an adult. This rule will be strictly enforced by the Park Owner.
7. Addition rules and regulations relative to the use of the swimming pool shall be posted at the entrance to the swimming pool area from time to time.
l. The office of the Complex is not staffed or equipped to service renters. Any tenant who desires to rent his lot within the Complex shall notify the Rental Committee at least two weeks in advance of the tenant’s guest arrival. The owner will be issued a Bali Hi Park, Inc., Landlord Agreement Bali Hi Park Renters Agreement. The tenant will be issued a renters gate pass upon provided by the tenant upon his or her arrival. No rentals shall be permitted for a period of less than seven days unless the guest is a family member and prior approval is obtained from the Rental Committee. This rule will be strictly enforced. The Sponsor shall be entitled to permit occupancy of it lots for promotional purposes for periods shorter than seven days.
2. No tenant shall lease or attempt to least his or her unit in the complex to any seasonal or itinerant worker. This rule will be strictly enforced.
3. Any renter shall be considered a guest of the Complex, and any violation of any rule by a renter, after notice, may lead to the renter being expelled from the Complex by the Park Owner and/or Managing Agent.
1. The use of any fireworks, firearm, BB gun, air rifle, bow and arrow, slingshot or other weapons or dangerous device is prohibited within the Complex.
2. No loud, vulgar or profane language will be permitted.
3. No peddling, soliciting or commercial enterprises are permitted in the Complex. Signs or advertisements of any type are prohibited.
1. Enforcement of these Rules shall be the responsibility of the Park Owner and/or the Managing Agent. Violations should be reported in writing to the Park Owner. Any violation of a provision of these Rules which is not corrected within thirty (30) days of the delivery in hand, or otherwise delivered, to the violator tenant from the Park Owner and/or the Managing Agent shall entitle the Park Owner to declare a default under the tenant’s Proprietary Lease and could lead to the eviction of the tenant.
1. Amendments to the Rules may be made at any time by the Park Owner, and copies of such amendments shall be distributed to tenants. Such amendments shall become effective the later of:
a) the date specified in the amendment, or
b) thirty (30) days after the Park Owner gives to each tenant written notice of the proposed amendment.
XI.Posting of Rules
1. A copy of the Rules, as amended from time to time, shall be posted in the management office located at the entrance to the Complex and/or at any appropriate location in the Complex normally used for posting of announcements.